Sunday, August 5, 2012

Miscarriage take 2

I doubt anyone made it through my whole trek story, but I mentioned that I had another miscarriage. It happened two weeks ago now. From the first moment I found out I was pregnant this pregnancy felt different. I cramped a lot and didn't feel the same as in the past. So, I guess it wasn't a surprise when the bleeding started. I was 9 weeks. Of course, it all started on a Friday at 5pm so all the doctor's offices were closed. I have a friend that is an Ob doctor so I sent her a text to see if I needed to go to the hospital for any reason. I decided to wait it out and go in on Monday. Saturday I bled quite a bit but was doing ok. Sunday I was absolutely miserable. I felt like I was in labor. I got a blessing Sunday after about 4 hours of agony and took some more pain medicine. Immediately after the blessing I found relief and was able to sleep while Toby was at church with the boys. Miscarriages are really no fun so I won't go into the horrible details. Monday they did an ultrasound and found quite a bit of tissue still there and told me to decide if I wanted to do another D&C or wait it out. Since I had already survived the weekend I figured I could just wait it out. I just really didn't want to wait it out and then have to do surgery later. Luckily I think everything went fine. I had a follow up appointment this last week so that's that.

I'm not going to lie, it has been an emotional roller coaster. I feel the lost time. If I hadn't miscarried the first time I would be having a baby in 5 weeks. If I hadn't miscarried this time I would be finishing my first trimester. It's frustrating. It's hard to understand the Lord's timetable but I am trying to have faith. However, I have been so blessed! I want to write all the things down that people have done for me so I don't forget how to serve others. I don't know what I would have done without each and every person that has come to care for me and my family. My mom was ready to hop in the car and come get me, but I was being taken care of.

Someone brought me ice cream.
Someone brought me dinner Saturday night.
Someone brought me a piece of cheesecake.
Someone brought doughnuts to my family and flowers, chocolates and a little book for me.
Someone brought us dinner on Sunday.
Someone made us dinner on Monday.
Someone brought me a iron infused smoothie.
Someone did my dishes.
Someone brought my boys kid's meals for lunch.
Someone brought me dinner on Wednesday.
Someone brought us pizza and ice cream.
Someone brought me another smoothie.
Someone watched my kids for me so I could go to the doctor and take a nap.
Someone picked my kids up and took them away so I could rest.
Someone brought me jam and fragrance spray.

And all this happened before the relief society president even knew and brought me flowers on Thursday. I am surrounded by amazing people. I am learning from their examples. I am learning how to serve and be served. It is so hard to say yes to help sometimes, but we are robbing people of blessings. How do we learn to love one another without being able to serve one another? A friendship was made solid last week because she wanted to serve me. I love her and everyone else that was there for me during this hard time.

1 comment:

U Pesci Fet d'a Testa said...

We are so sorry. There are few things that hurt worse in the whole world than the psychological/emotional pain that comes with miscarriage. I can't even imagine your grieving process -- it's so hard to hold on to hope when it hurts so much! Take care of yourself. You guys are in our thoughts and prayers.