Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Thailand part 2

The next day we took a tour. We visited the emerald pools, a hot spring and on an elephant ride. Don't ask me why we didn't wear our swimming suits. We're just weird I guess. I couldn't stay out of water that pretty anyway so I was just wet for the day. It really didn't matter because it was so hot.
The elephant ride was definitely the highlight. It's the thing that Zeke talks about the most. Our guides were great and pulled the boys out and let them ride on the elephant's heads. We went up this muddy crazy hill and then back down the other side. I seriously didn't know if we were going to make it down. We were holding on for dear life!

Then our guides took us back in by these caves and took some pictures for us. It was a great ride. I loved it.
Sunsets on the beach were amazing. The boys were in the water every spare moment that we had and swam until it was too dark to see anymore. We were sad to leave the beach and the boys are already begging to go back to the ocean.



We had the most amazing trip ever. We were so lucky to be able to take our boys on such an amazing adventure. They got to spend lots of time with their Grandma and Grandpa and found out that they have a lot of fun playing together. They informed me, however, that they don't want to go on another airplane for a really long time.

1 comment:

Devennie said...

Thanks for the amazing recap! What an incredible adventure we were privleged to enjoy as a family. I can't imaging we could top that but I'm anxious to try. Thanks for sharing the experience of the Myanmar people and Thailand sunshine with us. We loved being with you.