Friday, May 8, 2009

Sewing with Mom

A few weekends ago I begged my mom to come and help me do a little bit of this....

Being the trooper that she is, she drove down and spent 2 whole days working on a sewing project with me. Toby was the best dad ever and kept Zeke busy for us. They worked in the garden, went on outings to the park and did a lot of just playing outside.



Nana couldn't stand to miss out on all the fun, so I let her take a few brakes to get some time in with her favorite grandson.



Due to my mom's expertise, we managed to whip up this adorable bedding set. We made 2 sheets, a bumper pad and a crib skirt. I'm on my own for the quilt. It was so much fun working on the project with my mom. She didn't need a pattern or anything and just figured out the best way to do everything. Not to mention she taught me some cool new tricks on my sewing machine.




5 comments:

Freebairn Family said...

Oh you're right! Such cute fabric! It looks great - way to just go for it!

Stephanie said...

I love it!! I love your choices of colors, and how fun to work on it with your mom! You Limb's are so crafty. :)

Kerri said...

Man, this is great bedding! Your mom is so fun. Totally darling.

Lorena Holmstead, CHBP, CRTS, LSH said...

Oh, I think you're Mom is just the greatest. I love these pictures of her!! You'll be so glad to have this post to remind you of this delightful time!

tonandboys said...

Too cute! I love your mom! She is so fun! I always wanted to grow up to be just like her...still working on it. Your bedding looks great and so does your garden project.