Sunday, September 27, 2009

Introducing...

Porter Scott Lander
On Friday September 18th my little boy was born. I was on call to be induced that day and had to wait until they called to tell me to come in. Let me say... that was torture! Finally the call came and I headed over to hospital at 2pm. They hooked me up to my IV and all that fun stuff and started the pitocin a little before 3pm. I survived the contractions for quite a while but finally gave in and asked for an epidural. What a relief! How did people ever survive having babies naturally? Anyway, I got the epidural around 5:30pm or so. The nurse came in to check me at 6:15pm and said it was time to get ready. She got the room all ready, the doctor came in and turned the baby (he was facing the wrong way), and then they told me to push. I pushed a couple times during one contraction and he was here just before 6:30pm. My mom and I were, of course, in awe at the whole thing and then Toby at my side says "ugh". Ha ha, typical Toby response. Porter was 7lbs even and 19 inches long. What a difference from Zeke... do you have any idea how big Zeke is now? Now for a bunch of pictures.
Right after the baby was born.
We told Zeke to smile and this is what we got.






Toby thought it would be funny to put the baby's clothes on Zeke.

7 comments:

Katie Lane said...

YAY!!! congrats! he is cute and you look great!
please please call me and let me know what i can do to help, at least let me bring in dinner one night, if not take zeke for a few hours from ya.

Emilia said...

Congratulations!! Another chip off the ol' block. Every baby is a miracle...they sure come in small packages, Zeke looks like a big guy. Hope all is well and we're glad little Porter (Rockwell?) is a healthy bouncing baby boy. Good job.

Kris

U Pesci Fet d'a Testa said...

Congratulations on a second beautiful boy!! We just went private and we need an email address for you guys. Congrats again -- you both look great!!

eva said...

Karissa...he's beautiful!!! Congratulations!!

Robin said...

You finally did it. I think he looks just like Toby

tonandboys said...

He is beautiful and oh so tiny! Congratulations! Zeke is going to love having a little playmate in no time.

Lorena Holmstead, CHBP, CRTS, LSH said...

I'm so happy for you! Congratulations. Another Limb on the planet is a GOOD thing! :)