Wednesday, November 4, 2009

3rd Annual Pumpkin Party

We are so lucky to have good friends that indulge us each year by coming to our pumpkin party. Mostly we like to have a party as an excuse to make as much pumpkin food as possible. Who doesn't love pumpkin food really? This year we didn't make as much as last year, but we still had quite a selection. As usual we had pumpkin pie. I also made a pumpkin roll, pumpkin cream cheese pie and an apple pie (I know it's not pumpkin, but it still works). Then Sarah brought some pumpkin maple cookies that were sooo good. Oh an I almost forgot. We started the night by eating soup in pumpkin shaped and colored bread bowls that were sooo cute! I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of them.

Ok, enough about food. Toby took these troopers outside on that freezing cold night (it was really cold with snow and everything) to play a game of cub. I stayed inside to fee the baby so missed out but I hear it was really fun and I can't wait to try it next time. I guess it's kind of like pumpkin bowling but against another team. Normally you use a ball, but seeing as how this was a pumpkin party we improvised.

After the game, everyone carved pumpkins and filled up on goodies. I only remembered to take pictures while everyone was carving pumpkins. Enjoy! (somehow I managed to not get pictures of Brooke or Bentley. Sorry guys!)










1 comment:

Freebairn Family said...

So fun! It was a great night, even with the snow. And I see myself in one picture at the end - no worries!