Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Probably a little too personal

Yesterday I went to play basketball. I love playing basketball, but I just wasn't in it. Zeke has been wearing me down. I always thought I was a pretty patient person, but I'm starting to lose it. I think the lack of sleep is a contributor (okay probably a major contributor).

When we were done playing basketball I may have told all of this to a friend of mine.

She may be a member of the stake relief society presidency.

She may have called me later that day and arranged to pick Zeke up the next morning to come play at her house.

She may have also called my relief society president and told her I was having a hard time.

I may have received a phone call this morning from said relief society president asking if there was a time she could come visit.

My visiting teacher may also have been called because she was at my door this afternoon ready to take Zeke home for an hour or so.

I know that I can handle having two kids and that people do it all the time. I know that once I get a little more sleep I probably won't be so quick to yell. I know that Heavenly Father gave me these kids for a reason and He wanted me to be their mom. I know I love them more than life itself.

But until I pull myself together again... I am really grateful for people that care.

4 comments:

Kerri said...

Oh, Karissa...I so feel your pain. I swear, I'm a beast for months after having a baby. I need to sleep a decent amount or my temper is out of control. It's so hard!!!! Don't beat yourself up about it. It's just life after kids and it's just plain hard.

Jo-Dan said...

Just the other day Dan and I were musing over how in the world people do this newborn thing with other kids...it's hard enough with just the newborn!

tonandboys said...

This just brings back so many memories. I was so grateful for a visiting teacher that gathered up my oldest a few times in those first few months, and also for a husband that would send me out of the house for an hour here and there. The only encouragement I can give is that you are not alone and it really is a phase. I remember thinking, "this is going to be my life for the next 20 years" Luckily, it does get easier. Toddlers really do learn to behave themselves and newborns really do grow up to feed and bathe themselves someday. The best part, they get old enough to help with their siblings. Before you know it, those two boys will go off and play together for hours and then you will be coaching and cheering them on in their own basketball games. Your boys are lucky to have such a fantastic mother! I hope the phase of sleepless nights passes quickly, so you can get some rest. Maybe your hubby could take one night a week with the baby, so you can rest. If he is a normal man, and won't go for that, I hope your little angel decides to sleep through the night asap.

Tatiana said...

I don't think we ever get ourselves back together until our kids are out of the house. But some how, we will find a way to get through it all. I am on my 3rd and I still don't have it down. Good luck! You will find what works for you and what doesn't. Hang in there!