Sunday, June 12, 2011

So much catching up to do

I didn't realize how much I would miss writing on here. I miss how closely I would pay attention to details throughout the day so I could remember to add them on here.

If I were still writing everyday, you would have heard about my 2 outings with Trent in great detail. Instead I will just say that we had a great time at the Real Salt Lake soccer game. There is nothing like a good sporting event with your brother. Then we decided to be a little more cultural and go see a play. Actually, Trent had an extra ticket to see his friend perform in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, the musical and asked me to join him. We laughed and laughed and had a great time together.

I wish I had a picture of Porter with his blanket. I've noticed recently that every time he grabs his blanket, his hands follow along the edge until he finds a corner and then he plays with the corner in his hand. Every Time.

Friday night, Toby took Zeke with him to the Father and Sons camp out. Zeke told me all about how he got to sleep in a tent and the fire. Unfortunately, they were next to a tent of rowdy boys that didn't go to sleep until about 2:30am. We have been dealing with a very tired Zeke the last couple days. After the camp out, Toby took Zeke shooting. Talk about the perfect boys weekend.

So what did I do while they were camping? I decided to take Porter and head up to Pocatello and see Tyleen. The drive wasn't too bad, especially since Porter slept almost the whole way there and home. It was actually quite peaceful. We spent our time shopping, going out to dinner, watching movies and working on a couple sewing projects. It was so fun to hang out with her. I'm glad she doesn't live too far away.

Oh, one more thing. I joined the Stake choir to sing at Stake Conference this weekend. I'm not exactly the best singer around, but I've been wanting to learn. It was an awesome experience to sing alongside so many talented people. I loved it!

Okay, I think that catches me back up again. Whew! I wish I had pictures of all the fun things we've done this past week, but I guess we were just slackers.

No comments: