Monday, February 18, 2013

Valentine's Day

My boys LOVE holidays. They make me go through them outloud, in order, around and around the year. I've actually gotten quite good at rambling them off without thinking about it too much. Valentine's day was no different. They jumped out of bed and couldn't wait to see what surprise I had gotten for them. Toby, seeing how excited they were, couldn't help but bring home his own Valentine's Day surprise for them. They were in heaven. Nothing could have been more exciting.
We also had fun doing some Valentine's day activites. Naturally, we decorated sugar cookes.
I made some dough and then realized that I didn't have a single heart shaped cookie cutter. That would not do, so I loaded all four kids up (I babysit once a week) and ran to the store. Unfortunately, they were all sold out of cookie cutters! Well, I wasn't about to drag four little kids to every store looking for them, so I did something I have never done before.

I bought a package of pre-made cookies that comes with frosting and sprinkles and brought it home. The cookies were disgusting, but the kids didn't seem to mind. They had a great time decorating and eating. I eventually just made some round cookies with my dough and put some pink and purple frosting on them and called it good.

The best part of my day... spending time with Toby. He got a hold of the Christmas special of Dowton Abbey for me to finish off the third year (yeah, I'm a little ahead of the game) and we watched it together. Not to mention he brought me a bag of my favortie candy. A party sized bag. I am spoiled!

No comments: