Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Day 4 Christmas Eve

On Christmas Eve we woke up early and loaded back on the boat.
Here we are enjoying some sunshine on top of the boat while pondering the important things of life.
Everyone spoke French, so once we got past the language barrier we really had fun with the kids.
One of the bigger villages we stopped in had foosball (little foot as they call it) so of course Toby and Daniel had to show off their skills.
I asked one of the ladies if I could try holding her bucket of water on my head to see how heavy it was. It's heavier than I expected. How do they do that?!
Here I am having fun with the kids and admiring the very cool hairdos.
Okay, this post has a lot of pictures of me. Sorry! But I wanted to show what it was like in the different villages. I pretty much had a group of kids surrounding me everywhere I went.
The houses were all made out of these mud bricks so you could always see bricks drying out around the villages.
That night we once again camped along the river. We read the Christmas story from the Bible as well as a few more holiday stories.

1 comment:

Ceci and Steven said...

Sorry I keep commenting, BUT I just have to say, I LOVE that picture of the hands!