Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Day 11 Exploring

Day 11: Last day in Dogan Country
For some reason I was usually the last one out of bed in the morning. Whenever a picture was taken to show where we slept the night before, usually I am the subject in the shot. This is another roof.
First thing in the morning, people from the village would walk up to the spring and fill their water pots.
We stopped at a home of people living a little further away from the cliffs. Bottom left is a pictures of their ladders and bottom right is Toby pulling water up from the well.

This comfortable looking structure is a bed.


Here I am practicing my bargaining abilities before the major shopping begins. I ended up buying the mudcloth on the right.

Daniel got tired of waiting for us so he found some buddies to relax by.

Oh this market was one to remember. I decided that maybe since there weren't that many kids, I could share some sugarfree gum with them. As soon as I took it out of my pocket I was mobbed. People were grabbing at me and clawing me. I quickly learned my lesson, put the gum away, and ran for the car.

1 comment:

Meganps said...

karissa...those cots don't look quite as comfortable as you said they were.....ha ha