Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Timeout

Zeke put me in timeout!

What?!! It took me calling my mom and telling her to realize that it actually is funny. What did I do to earn timeout anyway? Well, I will tell you.

Zeke poured juice all over the floor.... again. I'm pretty sure I groaned/screamed/yelled all at the same time. After I was done cleaning it up, I threw myself onto the couch.

Zeke went and got the timer and set it to 15 minutes and turned to me and said "Stay there."

Now you see my dilemma with figuring out how to discipline this kid. The day before this, I spanked his bum for something and he ran back over and spanked me. Not Cool!

I just don't know what to do!

3 comments:

The Willises said...

HAhahhahahahahahahhahahahhahah THIS MADE ME LAUGH SO HARD!

Tiffany said...

Such a cute story!! It's things like that that you will actually miss when Zeke stops doing them :)

I've been in timeout before and I thoroughly enjoy it. Grab a book and read for your 15 minutes. And if the kids want something I tell them too bad, I'm in timeout. (They stopped putting me in timeout pretty fast, but occasionally I'll still send myself to my room :)

Also, personally, I make my kids clean up whatever mess they make. It takes more time to teach them then clean it up yourself, but in the end it's worth it. They've stopped making as many messes, or at least they clean up the ones they make. Seriously, at 9 months old, "you spilled your cereal, here's a rag. Clean it up." I still have to go back and clean-up myself sometimes, especially when they were young, or with something sticky like juice.

tonandboys said...

ahhh..haaaa!!! You have a smart one on your hands. My mother in law used to tell me that whatever makes me the craziest with my toddler..will someday made me insanely proud. Its so true! Busy, curious little boys turn into fantastically intelligent and productive young men. You really have to worry a little about those docile ones. ;) Good luck!