Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Trent saves the day

When you drive your husband to work... it just worked out that way today.... do you get dressed and ready?

No! You hop in the car in your pajamas with your slippers on. You Throw the kids in the back seat with their blankets and get on your way.

After dropping Toby off I hopped into the driver's seat and headed home.

I was minding my own business when I exited the freeway and pulled up to the stoplight. Suddenly there was a knock on my window!

Yes it scared me half to death.

There was man there so I tentatively rolled me window down.

"You have a really flat tire on your car, did you know that?"

Seriously?!!! That's when the light turned green. I went through the intersection and pulled off the road at the first chance I got. I examined the tires on my car by leaning out the door and sure enough... I had a flat.

So, I did what every self respecting person in her pajamas and slippers would do! I called my brother! I am so lucky to have a brother that lives close by. He came to the rescue right away and I was on my way in no time.

Don't worry... I drove home and got ready for the day before taking the car to get fixed.

2 comments:

Meganps said...

ha ha isn't that the way it always works?? I'm sure if you had gotten dressed and ready for the day, it wouldn't have happened. Funny story - you're right, you are lucky to have someone that could come to the rescue!

Radene said...

Yahoo! For Trent. What a great guy! Having a knock at my window what scare me! I'm surprised that guy who got out of his car didn't offer to help, but just inform. Probably more comfortable having Trent there anyway. Yahoo for Super-Trent!