Monday, May 6, 2013

Grandma Roxie Youngberg

My grandma passed away yesterday. She was going to have her 95th birthday this week. 
This picture was taken a couple weeks ago at an early birthday party in Utah. My dad was coming to help Trent work on his new house and my mom and Grandma decided to come with him. With Grandma in Utah, we couldn't pass up the opportunity to throw her a party for all the people that would have a hard time making it to Idaho. So many people showed up. She got to see her brother, tons of cousins, grandkids and great grandkids. Then just last week she was able to visit Weiser, where she is from, and see many people that she hadn't seen in a while. This last weekend she was visiting Idaho Falls with my uncle to go to a great granddaughters baptism and a baby blessing for my cousin's new twins. She woke up Saturday morning not feeling very well, and then later that day she suffered from a mini stroke. My uncle took her to the hospital where they had a few rough hours and then sometime in the night she fell asleep and stayed calm.  My sister was able to make it to the hospital Sunday morning where she was sleeping peacefully and eventually her breathing slowed and stopped.  
I am so grateful for her and her example. I will miss her, but I have a hard time feeling sad for her. She got to see so many friends and family before she died and was able to go quickly without a long drawn out process (which she was afraid of). I had just sent out invitations for her birthday party in Idaho this coming Saturday, but now we will be having her funeral. To me, it seems like we will be celebrating her either way. I am so glad that I have a knowledge of life after death and I know she is happily with my Grandpa right now. Grandma, you have taught me so much and I love you. You will be missed.

No comments: