Sunday, May 22, 2011

Early morning isn't as bad as it used to be

Every morning between 6:00 - 6:30am Porter wakes up. I go and get him and bring him and his blanket back to my bed. On the rare occasion he is up for the day at that time, but normally he cuddles up in my arms and goes back to sleep. He sleeps there for about 20 min. before I put him on the bed and find a more comfortable position to go back to sleep myself. I probably get another hour of sleep in this way. I've tried getting him to go back to sleep in his own bed, but it usually lasts about 15 min. if at all. I'm not sure how good this habit is, but I kind of like it. He has always been a cuddly boy, but as soon as he started running around he didn't need as many snuggles from me. I like getting my cuddle in first thing in the morning before the day gets away from me. My only rule has been no kids in my bed before 6am. At least he is compliant with that one. Someday he will grow out of our morning ritual, but for now I'm just going to enjoy the special time I get with Porter in the morning.

1 comment:

Toby said...

Ironic that you wrote that right before Monday morning.