Sunday, May 29, 2011

My secret is out

Well, I guess I can't hide it anymore. Not that I was really trying to, but now it seems like everyone knows.

I know how to play the piano.

Yep, people in my ward finally figured it out. There are many talented people in my ward and they really didn't need another piano player, but every now and then people get in a pinch and need someone to bail them out.

I guess that person is me.

Today I got a call at 8am to ask me if I could accompany the choir in their performance today and to please be there at 8:30 to run through it before church.

After church I showed up at choir practice (yes I just joined last week) and was asked if I could step in and play. It's a good thing I know how to sight read.

After that I was asked if I could fill in on the piano tonight for an eagle court of honor.

I don't mind doing it, but it sure was a crazy day. Maybe I took one big turn today and now will be off the hook for a while.

1 comment:

Freebairn Family said...

You play the piano beautifully - yeah for everyone figuring it out. At least if you move someday you may get a small break before they figure it out again!