Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Family Home Evening Activity

A few weeks ago we received some sempervivum plants in the mail from Grandma. We planted them for our Family Home Evening activity. The boys loved digging the holes helping figure out where the put the plants, but their favorite part is watering them.




Sempervivum plants are super easy to grown, have fun colors and varieties and are very hard to kill (which is one of my favorite things about them). Toby, his brother Tyson and his mom have a business selling them online. It's been a fun side project for them to work on together and they have done better than I expected.

For Mother's Day, Toby took me to the nursery down the road and let me pick out a bunch of flowers to fill the spot by the door. I was going to buy a pot of plants already done, but got convinced that it would be more fun to create something myself. I'll have to put a picture up when the flowers are blooming.

No comments: