Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!

I never really understood what an amazing mother I had until I became a mom.

It's hard work. It's tedious, overwhelming and exhausting, but I wouldn't want to be doing anything else.

Sometimes I want to crawl in my bed and hide, but then I remember these cute little faces. I get the best hugs. I see the excitement of learning something new. I experience the joy of mastering a skill. I love being a mom. I love watching these 2 little boys grow.

And to my mom: Thank you. Thank you for being my friend. Thank you for teaching me what is right. Thank you for raising me to think of others and to find ways to serve. I love you!

And to my other mom: You are such a great example. I am so glad you taught Toby how to be a good man. You are an amazing mother and I'm so glad my kids get to have you as a grandma. We love you.

No comments: